On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 11:05 AM, walterbyrd<walterb...@iname.com> wrote:
> Then again, I have heard some fairly knowledgeable people claim that
> django is designed with security in mind. Although I am not a PHP
> hater, I have found that python developers tend to be less hackish,
> and more design oriented.

the main difference is that Django is a framework and PHP is not.
therefore, there's a 'Django way' to manage users, login, attributes,
permissions, fighting intrusions, etc.  PHP, OTOH, lets you build your
own, and hope you get it right.

I think there are a lot more Drupal users than Django developers, but
i think it's safe to say that there are more Django developers than
Drupal developers, making it more probable to get better design on
infrastructure things like these.

Also, since Django is _not_ a CMS, but lets you easily build your own,
you don't have to fight against so much existing code as you might
have to when making Drupal work as you want.  Many people feel they
have to code less to write their own Django-based CMS than to
customize an existing one.  If that's your case, you're a lot less
likely to break something when going with Django.

--
Javier