The template in question is to format my test results, and I didn't
want to have lump it in with the production templates, or have the
template directory permanently attached to the TEMPLATE_DIR

So instead I've just loaded a new settings file with a modified
TEMPLATE_DIR before I do my tests.  Works pretty well.

Thanks.