After the hordes of happy Vim users around, I gave Vim another try.
I've tried to set it up for Django around half an year ago, but
finally gave up, and went back to heavy-lifting with Eclipse.

Today, I got much further then before, so I'll post what I've found
until now, and what I see as the main remaining problems. I would
appreciate any help, but it might be another topic.

My .vimrc file is at http://pastebin.com/f470926a

I installed the following plugins:
• django.vim: http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=1487
Usage: :setfiletype htmldjango
• taglist.vim: http://vim.sourceforge.net/scripts/script.php?script_id=273
Usage: TlistOpen
• tasklist.vim: http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=2607
Usage: \t
• omnicomplete: http://blog.fluther.com/blog/2008/10/17/django-vim/
Usage Ctrl+Space
• SnipMate: http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=2540 and
SnipMate for django: http://github.com/robhudson/snipmate_for_django/tree/master
Usage: Tab completion
• xmledit.vim: http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=301
Usage: >, >>, %

Moreover, created a ``djvim.sh`` to run vim with a given
DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE set, this is specific to my usual development
structure, so you might not like it, it's at http://pastebin.com/m3cd39bd5

What I miss / could not figure it out until now:
• have django.vim syntax set for every html file by default
• have shortcuts to run the server and unittest with optional django
application inside vim
• have shortcuts to other commands, like ``shell_plus``
• debugging with jump to code, especially when running ./manage.py
test

I really like how fast Vim is, and omnicomplete, SnipMate and Taglist
made it comparable to Eclipse, while its syntax highlighting seems to
be even nicer. Still, I really miss the possibility of running
commands, especially django's tests, so if you have any ideas on this,
please share it with me.

Viktor