On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 3:09 PM, about2flip <mnu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am learning django, and I am having doubts if it is worth it. I am
> trying to startproject and I keep getting the system cannot execute
> the specified program error at my command prompt. I would type:
>
> django-admin.py startproject name
>
> and then I get the error. I am using python 2.6, django 1.1 on XP SP2
> machine.
>
> Thanks for your help on what to do to fix this issue

"Cannot execute the specified program" generally means the system can't find
some DLL needed for the program.  Django doesn't have any DLLs, so I suspect
your python installation may be the cause of the problem.  Can you run any
python program?  For example if you create a hello.py file with contents:

print 'hello'

Can you run it?

Karen