I have a project that I am thinking of breaking up into 2 sites/
projects. The goal is to be able to make changes to one site/project
without affecting the other one. Here is an example of what each would
do:

mydomain.com
---------------------
- displays the brochure website (sales copy on the homepage, about,
privacy etc...) (Page Model)
- tracks visitors as they move around from one Page to another (Access
Model)

dashboard.mydomain.com
- users can login
- user can click on a Page and see how many times it was Accessed
(Page and Access model)

So I am operating under the assumption that I will have a total of 2
settings files, one for each site/project. I am guessing that I need
to define the models Page and Access model on each project. Is this
correct? Is there an optimal way of splitting things up to keep up
time up, but avoiding repeating model definitions?

Thanks.