Hello,

I have a UserProfile Model object which has the
django.contrib.auth.models.User as it's ForeignKey.

There is a register function in the view module, which goes like this:

def register(request):
  if request.method == 'POST':
      user_form = UserCreationForm(request.POST)
      user_profile_form = UserProfileForm(request.POST)
      if user_form.is_valid() and user_profile_form.is_valid():
        user = user_form.save()
        user_profile = user_profile_form.save(commit=False)
        user_profile.user = user
        user_profile.save()
        return HttpResponseRedirect("/")

The statement
user_profile = user_profile_form.save(commit=False)
is causing the following statement to appear in the MySql log
INSERT INTO `courses_userprofile` (`user_id`, `full_name`, `email`,
`website`, `timezone`, `bio`) VALUES (39, '', '', '', '', '')

And then the statement
user_profile.save()
is causing another INSERT statement
 INSERT INTO `courses_userprofile` (`user_id`, `full_name`, `email`,
`website`, `timezone`, `bio`) VALUES (39, 'Test User10',
'testus...@ten.com', '', '', '')

Why is an INSERT statement being generated even though I have
commit=False? The two inserts are causing an Exception which prevent
the actual user data from being saved (a row in the
courses_userprofile table does get created, but with all columns
except the id being blank)

Am I doing something incorrect?

--
Thanks & Regards