On Sep 20, 11:10 am, dijxtra <nsko...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a free robust django forum app? Or more precisely, a free and
> robust forum app which uses django.contrib.auth for authentication?
>
> Or should I just try out those several projects enabling django to
> access phpBB's user info and use phpBB3?

There are many that seem to be in progress. Not mentioned on the
Django wiki [1] is DjangoBB [2].

The quality and functionality seem to vary wildly. Ultimately I
decided to write my own. With the tools that Django provides, it
really isn't that hard (much to my surprise). I wanted some features
that the other projects didn't have, but more importantly I want to
know how it works, and for my hobby site, rolling my own was the best
course of action for me. YMMW of course.

[1] http://code.djangoproject.com/wiki/ForumAppsComparison
[2] http://djangobb.org/