I have an Admin form with a slugfield prepopulated from the name of the news
item I'm creating.

In one of my templates I have a link created using the slugify filter applied
to the name of the news item.

When I create an object with a name such as "A New Story" the prepoulated field
contains "new-story", but slugify generates "a-new-story" and hence my link
doesn't point to the correct news story.

Is there any way of ensuring that the two functions generate the same slug?

Cheers
Amos
--

My Web Design Business