Hi list.

I'm developing a news application that handles articles, about 10 new
articles each day. The site administrator every morning selects from a
drop-down-list the ones that hit the front page. As time goes by this
list grows bigger and bigger, and what's worst, old articles doesn't
even matter at all.

I could sort by creation date and limit the queryset with the
ModelAdmin.formfield_for_foreignkey method. I do both, but it's not
perfect.

Nowadays I limit the list of articles to only the ones published today
and yesterday. The problem with this is that when editing an instance,
if old enough (more than two days) no articles will show up, not even
the selected one, which as you could imagine makes editing old
instances impossible.

I'd like to know if there's a way to access an attribute of the
instance in the formfield_for_foreignkey method so I can tell django
to display a list of articles based on the creation date (only the
articles created that day and the day before.)

(I could use a raw_id_field but it would be a usability problem to not
see the article's title in the same page.)

Regards,

--
AlvAro