Guillermo,

  Having one application depend on another is OK.  If your are writing
a generic reusable application that other can download and plug in
then generic keys may be the way to go.  If however, you are simply
having one of your own apps depend on another I strongly suggest not
using generic foreign keys, they have drawbacks that could hinder you
down the road.

-Paul