Google finds one app that seems pretty heavyweight (and poorly
documented):

http://code.google.com/p/django-global-contact/

At first glance, building a model that can read address formats from a
database for forms and output should be fairly straightforward, but
input validation is much more difficult to do.

I'll probably end up with very loosely validated US-style addresses
(with a "not in US or Canada" state option as a stopgap for the non-
North-American folks), and then implement some sort of global solution
if the site takes off.  It's looking like the return on effort isn't
worth it at this point.