On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 6:04 PM, Gloria <strang...@comcast.net> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have inherited some Django code, I'm porting it to a new machine,
> and here is an error I'm getting, which is proving to be hard to
> trace:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>
>  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/django/core/handlers/
> base.py", line 92, in get_response
>    response = callback(request, *callback_args, **callback_kwargs)
>
>  File "build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/registration/views.py", line 148,
> in register
>    new_user = form.save(profile_callback=profile_callback)
>
> TypeError: save() got an unexpected keyword argument
> 'profile_callback'
>
> I can't find build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/registration/views.py on my
> system, strangely enough. Is this portion of Django byte compiled,
> then removed?

This isn't part of Django at all, it's an add-on package.  At a guess it is
django-registration, and whatever build/install process was used to put it
on this machine resulted in the file spec you see.

If you dig into the history of the views.py file in django-registration
here:

http://bitbucket.org/ubernostrum/django-registration/history/registration/views.py

you'll see the last change (made in January of 2009) removed the
previously-required profile_callback keyword parameter for save of the form
used during registration.

I'd guess then that you are moving code from a machine that had a "latest"
copy of django-registration installed to a machine that has an older level,
and that is what is causing the problem.  Removing the old level and
installing latest will likely fix it -- but could potentially break any
other apps on this machine that are using the old level of
django-registration.

Karen