andreas schmid wrote:
> then i wanted to try my apps which i have on my subversion repository
> and i added a [site-packages] section to the buildout.cfg using

Why not turn your apps into python packages and serve them from a
private egg server?

> to the [django] section. now i have my project in my buildout directory
> under parts/site-packages/myapp
>
> if i add the app to the projects INSTALLED_APPS and run ./bin/django
> syncdb it doesnt create my apps tables but it gives no error. if i run
> ./bin/django shell i can import my apps module... so... where is the error?
>
> can anyone help me to understand why this doesnt work? what am i missing?

I'd suggest inserting print statements or some such in your app code's
__init__.py to see if it's being imported.

Also have a look through the contents of the bin/django script to see if
your code is really ending up on the python path.

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk