On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 11:01 AM, Streamweaver <streamwea...@gmail.com>wrote:

> I'm continuing to struggle with the reverse method in Django.  After
> fixing some mistakes of mine earlier I'm getting an
> ImproperlyConfigured Error whenever I try to use a reverse method.
> The site works fine with one but whenever I try to use a reverse
> method, even in shell I get the following error.
>
> "ImproperlyConfigured: The included urlconf dwrangler.project.urls
> doesn't have a ny patterns in it"
>
> [snip]
>
> **** dwrangler.project.urls file ***
> urlpatterns = patterns('dwrangler.project.views',
>    url(r'^list/$', 'project_index', name='list-project'),
> )

That cannot be the complete file because if it was you would get:

NameError: name 'patterns' is not defined

when it was imported.  What you have shown us is fine.  The problem lies in
something you have left out.  Something that either makes that entire chunk
part of a comment, or redefines urlpatterns to be None, or....

Karen