Suppose I have 4 models as below:

class Hub(models.Model):
    name = models.CharField("Name", )
    something-else = models.CharField("Something", )

class HubPlug(model.Model):
    hub = models.ForeignKey(Hub)
    plug_id = models.CharField("Plug Id (A, B, C, etc)", )

class Link(model.Model):
    from_hub = models.ForeignKey(Hub, related_name =
"link_from_hub", )
    to_hub = models.ForeignKey(Hub, related_name = "link_to_hub", )
    link_type = models.CharField("Link Type", )

class LinkDetail(model.Model):
    link = models.ForeignKey(Link)
    from_plug = models.ForeignKey(HubPlug, related_name =
"link_from_plug", )
    from_plug_type = models.CharField("From Plug Type", )
    to_plug = models.ForeignKey(HubPlug, related_name =
"link_to_plug", )
    to_plug_type = models.CharField("To Plug Type", )

now, I have an admin form for Link that shows the Link Details as
Tabular Inline:

class LinkDetailInline(admin.TabularInline):
    model = LinkDetail
    extra = 3

class LinkAdmin(admin.ModelAdmin):
    inlines = [
        LinkDetailInline,
    ]

admin.site.register(Link, LinkAdmin)

The dropdowns for the from_plug to to_plug show all plugs and I'd like
them to just show the plugs for the respective from_hub/to_hub.

I'm guessing this would have to happen in the LinkAdmin class
somewhere, but where!!

thanks in advance,
Simon

p.s. would also be nice to only show those plugs that aren't in use
now but that should be easy once the above is sorted!