I have a model which represents a route. I can use the `make_line()`
geoqueryset method to create a LineString like so:

>>> r = Route.objects.get(pk=33)
>>> # a route from Seattle to New York to Miami, a total distance
>>> # of about 3043.8 nautical miles
<Route: KSEA-KLGA-KMIA>
>>> # a collection of the airports used in the route
>>> # turned into a LineString
>>> ls = Airport.objects.filter(routebase__route=r).make_line()
>>> ls
<LineString object at 0x2cd42e0>

How can I find the total distance of that LineString object, so that
it returns a Distance object that I can then convert to nautical
miles? the .length() method here just returns a float, which is in who-
knows-what units...