Very simple:

1.Once you are in login page you need to store url to which you need
to go.

   How should you do that?

   protected view
   ===============
    def protected_view(request) :
          if user is not authenticated :
                  url = request.getpath()  # method which actually
gives you the url of the protected page
                   #pass this url to the login page

                  render_to_response(...........,
{'url':url} .............}

    login page.html
    ===============
         <form .....................
            <input type="hidden" name="next" value="{{url}} />
         </form>

2.Once the login is successfull you need to retrieve the stored url
and redirect back to it.

     login view.html

       def loginview(request) :
               nexturl = request.POST['next']
               #once the use is successfully loggedin
               #redirect him to nexturl using httpresponseredirect

--rama