I'm new to web programming and I have a basic question about the
design of my Django application.  my application will do some number
crunching on data files uploaded by users.  The data processing will
take from minutes to hours for each job.  I don't expect to ever get a
large number of concurrent users but I'd still like to set it up so
that I can control the maximum number of data processing jobs that are
run in parallel.  I was planning to write a simple FIFO queue manager
(in fact I think there is a python package for this) and then run the
data processing in separate threads.  I'm also planning to use the
Django data model for storing the data so I would have multiple
threads writing to the data store. What is not clear to me is what
happens when I have more than one visitor to the site.  Are multiple
instances of my Django app launched, one per visitor?   I need to
ensure that I only have one queue manager running on the server, not
one per visitor.  I would be using Apache and either mySQL or sqlite3
as the database, in case that matters.

thanks for any help
Mike