2009/10/23 kmike <kmik...@googlemail.com>:

> Maybe you don't have enough information to make an abstraction right
> now. If so I suggest to actually implement several API's in a dumb
> way. After that it'll be clear what are the differences and what are
> the common parts so making a good abstraction will be easier.

I've implemented each of the APIs enough (standalone) to know a lot of
the differences. Where I'm struggling is envisioning the proper
abstraction and implementation with python / django code to tie it all
together.

My current idea is to setup a Request class, then create specific
subclasses of this, overriding the default methods, writing conversion
methods, and defining additional fields. But "seeing" the python code
around this has yet to come.

As I've never really implemented this type of abstraction (and I
imagine others have), I'm really interested in what has been done /
known solutions to the general problem / do I have the right idea /
any source folks can suggest / etc..

Thanks for taking the time to read about my situation!

~Jason