On Oct 24, 7:14 am, Caisys <amamd...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks !!! I also felt the second sounds more "right" which leads to
> two requirements, the first is for convenience but the second is a
> must:
>
> 1) On the admin page for add Place I will put 2 or 3 slots for adding
> Subplace to a place ... is there a way where the first one would be
> filled with "default" by default? so that each created place would
> have a default subplace?

Just override the form in the inlne admin. All you have to do is set a
default in the field you want.

> 2) On the admin page for add event there will be a drop down list for
> the subplace.... most of the subplaces will be called "default" is
> there a way to change the label on drop down list to "place -
> subplace". i tried to change the __unicode__ of subplace to "return
> u"% - %" % (self.place, self.name)" but it generated and error that
> subplace object has no attribute 'place'.

In this case i prefer the approach of creating a "fake" field called
places, populated with the places, and when the user select the place,
you do an ajax request and populate the subplace select with the
subplaces from the selected place. You will have to override the form
in the ModelAdmin and add this behaviour to the form. Also you will
have to create a view to retrieve the subplaces based in the selected
place.