I would still raise the warning of caution, that certain external
Python libraries do not have 64-bit versions, like PIL.  I tried the
whole 64-bit Python thing, and I just couldn't do it because of some
library dependancies.

I also use a setup like yours on Windows 7, except with MySQL, and a
32-bit version of Python.  I'd like to keep my eyes open for a 64-bit
version of PIL...