Hi,

we use one postgres database, and several postgres database users.
None of them is database superuser.

We have a wrapper around manage.py which asks for the database owner password
if commands like syncdb are called.

And we GRANT privileges the the database users.

The code is hosted on two servers: one for intranet and one for internet. Both
connect to the same database.

This way you can be sure that no bug in the public (internet) part can
break or disclosed.

Both intranet und internet parts are several applications.

The intranet project contains the intranet applications
The internet project contains intranet and internet applications.

Thomas Guettler, http://www.thomas-guettler.de/