Thanks to Daniels help, I'm likely going to get my Dreamhost VPS server
installed inspite of the problems I had during my attempt at installation.
I would like to adovcate that for anyone else who is still on Dreamhost and
on this list, vote for Full Django
support<https://panel.dreamhost.com/?tree=home.sugg&category=Software%20Installations&search=django>on
the suggestion panel.  It's about time they really supported, and as
they
are quasi-democratic about how they improve then we should leverage it.

Also worth voting for is
mod_python<https://panel.dreamhost.com/?tree=home.sugg&category=Software%20Installations&search=mod_python>and
mod_wsgi<https://panel.dreamhost.com/index.cgi?tree=home.sugg&sort=category&search=mod_wsgi>as
they are obviously useful in Django support.

Thanks again to the list and Daniel for making Django work for me.
Rich
----
rje...@spamcop.net
skype: rjeong