On Sunday 01 November 2009 19:04:06 Kenneth Gonsalves wrote:
> these are usually user generated - they love to put spaces. I can handle
> spaces, but would like to know how the spaces become %20 and how to prevent
> this.

Firefox usually encodes them to %20 when it's copied and pasted from the
browser.  That's the time I do notice when it's added in firefox.  Sometimes
I've been known to add them to make the url continuous so the full link is
clickable, other wise most text based tools urlizing will break at the first
space.  I avoid spaces in my urls like the plague for that reason and not sure
if the rendered page in ff will do the same.  As for I.E. and/or opera I'm far
from an expert on them (same with ff too tbh) and not sure how they handle
spaces.

Can't you add a django.template.defaultfilters.slugify() to the url before it
is added/saved?  If not, don't worry about it.

Mike

--
I might be able to shoehorn a reference count in on top of the numeric
value by disallowing multiple references on scalars with a numeric value,