I've done this exact thing before, I had to package apache, django, my
project and a ton of other packages that I needed. I found the easiest
way in the end was using nsis(1). I packaged django up as an msi(2),
got python and apache as msi installers, mod_python as an exe and then
just had it copy my project directory and the apache configuration
files to the correct places.

One really annoying problem I came across was some dll problems on
windows where it wouldn't work on every computer, so sometimes you
also need the Microsoft visual C++ runtime. I can't remember now if
this was because of python or because of one of the other packages I
needed.

I can mail you the nsis script file I used if it helps, but it was
fairly basic.

Pete

1. http://nsis.sourceforge.net
2. http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/11236