Looks like your python 2.5 had the python mysql packages installed, but
your new python 2.6 doesn't, which it wouldn't being a fresh install.
Now you need to install the python mysql bindings into python 2.6.

Also, you should probably have your libs in for python 2.6
in /usr/local/lib/python2.6/ rather than /usr/local/lib/python2.5/. You
can change where this all goes via the ./configure --prefix option in
the python build. By default this is set to /usr/local. If you set it
to /usr, it will install in /usr/lib/python2.6, but you shouldn't do it
that way, because locally compiled software should go in /usr/local,
while system packages from your distribution go in /usr

Best way forward I would think is to install ez_setup in your python2.6,
and then you will end up with a /usr/local/bin/easy_install. You can
then use this to easily install the mysql bindings, and whatever else
you will need aswell.

Kind Regards

Crispin Wellington