This is my first post to this group, but I've benefited from reading
other's posts and I'm looking forward to getting more involved. I just
picked Django/Python as the framework for a new company I just
started: FeedMagnet (http://feedmagnet.com).

We want to get more involved in the community - we already have some
CouchDB integration code that we're going to open source in the next
couple weeks - and I thought a good way to get involved initially
would be to share my experience choosing between Django and Rails.

I read a lot of other posts on the topic (many of which are linked
from my post) and talked with lots of other developers before making
the decision. The single sentence summary of my post is that Django
and Rails are both great frameworks and it is more important to get
the right team in place and let them pick the one they like best.

While I definitely favor Django, I think I am still new enough to the
community that my opinions shouldn't be too biased. Hopefully this
post helps other make the right decision for their team/project.

Here's the link: http://beta.feedmagnet.com/blog/django-vs-rails/