Hello,

I would like to implement functionality described below.

Lets say that There is a Django application in which each user can
create records and insert them into Database (for example record
containing one text column).

Many users can be logged in  the application at the same time.

One users created record which was inserted into the database. Than
another user edited it from application and saved.

What I want to achieve is sort of popup which will appear on the first
user screan informing him that record created by him was changed.

The logic described above is just a sample. What I need is to know how
to pass some information to logged user and show it in popup or sth
similar.

For example in Gmail when someone starts chatting to you there is a
small popup in the bottom corner.

Maybe article or tutorial on the web ?

thank very much for help.