I'm trying to use some flatpages for static content and I don''t
understand why they keep failing to load media files. I have my
template_dirs defined, media_root and media_url - when used in
template does not resolve to media_root i.e., template contains:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="{{ media_url }}css/base.css" type="text/
css" media="screen" title="Base Styles" charset="utf-8">

results in:

Failed to load source for: http://127.0.0.1:8000/about/css/base.css

MEDIA_ROOT = '/Users/neridaj/django-templates/neridaj/'
MEDIA_URL = '/site_media/'
TEMPLATE_DIRS = (
    '/Users/neridaj/django-templates/neridaj/'
)

The default template renders but without any of the css.

Thanks,