Thanks. I tried a lot of different options but nothing was working.
Finally got it working with this:

req = request.POST['value']#this is how InputEx sends it, with root =
value.
parsedRequest = simplejson.loads(req)
print parsedRequest["Username"]

Basically, I got the array of 'value', then turned that into JSON and
then read from that.