I recently took on a new project for a new client where I was forced
into using a GoDaddy Virtual Server (literally it was a deal breaker).
Anyway I have configured about 1/2 dozen servers to run django - but I
am stumped on this. I am looking for help from anyone who may have
this experience.
Server: CentOS 5
Python 1.4
Django 1.1.1

1. mod_wsgi was not available so I tried to compile from source. The
apache apsx was not available and other attempts to config failed. I
grabbed the apache source-dev to get the apsx, but the config failed.
No problem I moved on to mod_python

2. Attempted to launch the app and got an error that there was no
pysqlite2, they had the previous version. I pulled the latest version
but again had failed at config. I moved to mysql and again the version
that was available on yum was too old and trying to compile by the
newer version failed at config.

Their technical support person was mean and less helpful than a sharp
stick.

In short: I can't compile any of the necessary components, all of the
yum updates are too old. My only other options for server are Cent OS
4 and Fedora Core 7 (I come from the Debian World mostly). Any
recommendations?