I am trying to use a CommaSeparatedIntegerField in one of my
models...  there doesn't seem to be a suitable widget for editing this
field though?

Seems like one of the 'select multiple' widgets would be an obvious
choice. SelectMultiple seems the default widget for it in admin, but
it renders an empty list.  I wanted to use CheckboxSelectMultiple but
that renders nothing (same problem I guess)

It even renders nothing if I specify the 'choices' again on the form
field.

How are you supposed to use these things?