Django users,

I have data that needs to be handled in two different manners,
depending on if the user has certain permissions or not. For example,
if a record is marked "private" and a user is not permitted, I want to
substitute the word "PROTECTED" for a particular field's value.

Now, of course I realize that each and every place I refer to
table.fieldname I could wrap a protection around that, either in my
Python code, or in my templates.

What I'm really looking for is something closer to the model code so
that I can be assured that no private data accidentally slips out.
Does Django have any built in support that does this, or could be
adapted to do this?

Any ideas appreciated!

-Doug