The philosophy of the admin app is that it is a simple CRUD interface
for trusted staff members to manage data.  If you need data entry for
non staff members (i.e. people you do not trust with the admin) you
should create public facing forms and setup some permissions for the
users to be able to use them.

As for you second question it sounds like you need two models, one for
experiment_x and one for sub_experiment_x with a foreignkey to
experiment_x.  You could probably use inline formsets to generate the
extra 8 forms.  I'm not sure how you would limit the inline formsets
though to exactly 8.

Hope this helps.