Sorry it's not working out for you, but I'd disagree about the
comparison to X-Windows :)  I'd be defending Django, and not X-
windows, when I say that.

I'm serious.  Just add them together.  I'm not sure you're
appreciating the slick objects that have been crafted for this very
purpose.

Your view:
    cumulative_media = form.media for form in forms
    return render_to_response('mytemplate.html', {'media':
cumulative_media})

Your template:
    {% block my_media_block %}
        {{ block.super }}
        {{ media }}
    {% endblock %}

I fail to see what is so hard about this.

Tim