On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 4:10 PM, Alex Dong <alex.d...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> During the `manage.py test` process, django will automatically change
> the database from `hivemind` to `test_hivemind`,  For similar reason,
> I'd like to change a file path from `sphinx.conf` to
> `sphinx_test.conf` but unfortunately I couldn't find a proper way to
> do it.
>
> Ideally, if there is a django method called `django.test.is_testing()
> `, then I should be able to change the filename based on the return
> value.  Any hints on how I could do this?

You shouldn't.

Code shouldn't be aware that it is being run in a test. Introducing
'if TESTING' branches into code introduces extra complexity into the
code you are trying to test - complexity that, by definition, is
untestable.

If you need to modify a setting for testing purposes, then do the same
thing that the Django test suite does - in your test setUp() method,
modify the value of the setting, then restore the original value
during tearDown().

Yours,
Russ Magee %-)