Me too, I'm not having any issues.  I just installed on 10.6 by
downloading 1.1.1 and running the install command sudo python setup.py
install and no issues.  After install I run django-admin.py --version
and it shows 1.1.1

You'll need to give us more info to help.

Are you using sudo?  What version of OSX?  I wonder what version of
Python you have?  Maybe that's the issue?

HTH

John