On Dec 1, 10:56 am, Bill Freeman <ke1g...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I then created my own template file in one of my TEMPLATE_DIRS called
> > 'admin/custom_index.html" that extends 'admin/index.html'. I ended up
> > copying the {% block content %} from the admin/index.html and
> > inserting my template tag into it.
>
> I, too, think you're going the right way.  One point is, if you really meant
> "copying", consider whether you can use the block.super variable to
> minimize the number of things you need to redo when you take an update
> to admin.

Thanks for the response. I did initially try using block.super, but
because of the HTML my dashboard pushed the sidebar down. I really
wanted to get my dashboard inside the main content div for aesthetic
reasons, so I ended up copying the block contents. I really wish there
was there was a empty {% block custom-dashboard %}{% endblock %} in
there for just this purpose, but there wasn't. I suppose they can't
anticipate everything and leave "holes" everywhere. But you're right,
I'll have to diff my template with the admin template whenever I
upgrade to see if I am missing a change.

Best regards,
BN