I'm using django from the repositories.
Installed this way:
http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/topics/install/#installing-development-version

I configured my interpretor in eclipse by doing this:
"Now, on to re-configure the pydev interpreter to add those new
paths... I'm kind of lazy, so, usually I just remove the interpreter
and add it again, instead of figuring out just the new paths (I also
thinks it's safer, as it gets all the folders it finds in the
pythonpath automatically). "

From:
http://pydev.blogspot.com/2006/09/configuring-pydev-to-work-with-django.html