On 9 déc, 20:18, HUANG Dong <huangdong...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you, Bruno.  Your answer is really helpful and covered another
> issue I hadn't noticed yet.  But my question may be related to
> different topic.  In my example, number of "libraries" is unknown in
> develop time, neither does the classification of "books".

You explicitely mentionned that the reason to "partition" the books in
different tables was to speed up queries - and FWIW, I can't think of
any other reason to do so. If all you want is classification then
using different tables is not the correct solution.

> To be more specific, I want to employ some kind of "introspective"
> class in python to model my data, and these dynamic classes should be
> associated to individual TABLEs in the database respectively.

Yes, that's clearly what I understood. But this looks like a wrong
solution to a (potentially) real problem, hence my mention of RDBMS-
level table partitionning.

> So far what I know about Django is that each class inheriting from
> models.Model will be associated to a TABLE, and each instance of the
> class becomes an item when calling instance.save().  What if I create
> an introspective object in run-time?  And when to call synchronization
> function to write the table into database?  How to sync if there's
> concurrent creation of classes?  What about the performance?  All
> above are still unknown to me...

Creating model classes at runtime is of course possible - if a bit
involved - since Python's "class" statement is an executable
statement. I'll even give you a couple hint: read the doc for the
'type' type, and google for "metaclass".

But I do insist on the fact that whether your _real_ problem is sql
queries performances tuning or classification, what you're trying to
achieve is _not_ the appropriate solution.