I'm afraid this isn't the case for me. My sessions (if these setting does
what they're supposed to) are stored in memcached

CACHE_BACKEND = 'memcached://127.0.0.1:11211/'
SESSION_ENGINE = "django.contrib.sessions.backends.cache"

And memcached is running (there are other sites on the server).
But yes, I am using the sessions framework.