I'd like PartnerRegistration's default_provider field to be filtered in
PartnerRegistrationInline, like how Partner's default_provider field is
filtered in PartnerAdmin.

When I try the code below, I get a DoesNotExist exception in:

        self.fields['default_provider'].queryset =
self.instance.partner.providers

        raise self.field.rel.to.DoesNotExist

What am I doing wrong?

class Partner(Model):
    id = UUIDField(primary_key=True)
    providers = ManyToManyField('Provider', related_name='provider_partners',
blank=True, null=True)
    default_provider = ForeignKey('Provider', null=True, blank=True,
help_text='The calling service used to make calls through by default when using
this partner')

class PartnerForm(forms.ModelForm):
    """ Filter and only show what belongs to this partner."""

    def __init__(self, *args, **kwargs):
        super(PartnerForm, self).__init__(*args,**kwargs)
        self.fields['default_provider'].queryset = self.instance.providers

class PartnerRegistration(Model):
    id = UUIDField(primary_key=True)
    partner = ForeignKey('Partner',unique=True)
    default_provider = ForeignKey('Provider',verbose_name='default calling
service', help_text='User this calling service when response doesn\'t specify
one.')

class PartnerRegistrationForm(forms.ModelForm):
    """ Filter and only show what belongs to this partner."""

    def __init__(self, *args, **kwargs):
        super(PartnerRegistrationForm, self).__init__(*args,**kwargs)
        self.fields['default_provider'].queryset =
self.instance.partner.providers

class PartnerRegistrationInline(StackedInline):
    model = PartnerRegistration
    form = PartnerRegistrationForm

class PartnerAdmin(ModelAdmin):
    form = PartnerForm

    inlines = [ PartnerRegistrationInline, ]