On Sat, Dec 19, 2009 at 7:04 PM, Bob <bshumsk...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I am trying to get started with django on windows vista.  I have
> successfully installed it as "import django" works in python.
> However, whenever I try at the command prompt
> "django-admin.py startproject myproject"
> I get "Type 'django-admin.py help' for usage".
> I have tried four installs on 3 different machines and each time I get
> this.  What am I doing wrong?

Something is broken with the association of .py files to the python
executable on the Vista machines -- whatever association is in place is not
passing arguments along.  I don't know why this happens but I know I've seen
it reported before.  I also don't have a Vista machine so I can't describe
how to fix it but if you Google terms like Vista .py association you'll find
plenty of hits of people who have run into the same thing, and some describe
ways to fix the association.

Karen