Hi Shawn,
I had already looked at fixtures and the reason I disregarded it is
because the documentation says:

"Every time you run loaddata the data will be read from the fixture
and re-loaded into the database. Note that this means that if you
change one of the rows created by a fixture and then run loaddata
again you'll wipe out any changes you've made."

So, it seems that means one of two things. Either I'll have to keep a
single fixture, which on every update just gets longer, or a directory
full of arbitrarily named fixtures (for uniqueness). Both, I'd like to
avoid. I guess this depends on whether it's necessary to retain each
fixture permanently after import. Do you know this?

I'd be fine with a solution that necessitates a fixture for import but
then would allow me to delete it immediately afterwards (irregardless
of backup practices).

Also, my data won't be in YAML or JSON. Does MySQL or Sqlite offer an
export option that'll do this?

Thanks and sorry if all of this is common knowledge for everyone else.

Kevin