>From reading several posts here, it looks like it's not a good idea to
try to have ForeignKey pointing from 1 DB to another DB.

The problem for me is that pretty much every single model of mine has
a link to User. And I suspect that's a very common case for most
people.

If I put in FK to User in my models, I wouldn't be able to have
multidb.

One workaround I can think of is to have an IntegerField pointing to
User.id instead of a FK to User.

Is that a good alternative? Or is it going to cause more problems that
it's worth?