Hi Bill, Simon,

On 04/01/10 16:05, Bill Freeman wrote:
> I find the error slightly confusing because the mentioned character,
> \xc2, which is capital A with circumflex, doesn't occur in the quoted
> part of the text.

\xc2 is the first byte of a character encoded in UTF-8 as two bytes.
The character you were expecting is U+00C2, being a Unicode codepoint
(as opposed to an encoding thereof).

For what it's worth, my experience of the method given in the PEP has
been positive.

Regards,

Alex

PS. Sorry for the multiple copies, Bill. The Reply-list button in TB3 is
(still) broken