Hi
The widget source code is here, its pretty easy to see wats going on,
if im dealing with forms i spend a lot of time in here:
http://code.djangoproject.com/browser/django/trunk/django/forms/widgets.py

And the docs are here:
http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.1/ref/forms/widgets/#ref-forms-widgets
http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.1/ref/forms/fields/#ref-forms-fields