I am using this query in the views function search() to find a lawyer
in the database:

        lawyers = Lawyer.objects.filter(last__icontains=q)

q is the query entered by user here: http://swimswith.com/search-form/

For instance, searching for "lelland" returns her info:
http://swimswith.com/search/?q=delelle

But instead of returning that info, I want to grab the school info and
year_graduated for "delelle" and search again and find all lawyers who
graduated from the same school the same year and display that. Can
anyone help about how to do this?

This is the view

def search(request):
    if 'q' in request.GET and request.GET['q']:
        q = request.GET['q']
        lawyers = Lawyer.objects.filter(last__icontains=q)
        return render_to_response('search_results.html', {'lawyers':
lawyers, 'query': q})
    else:
        return HttpResponse('Please submit a search term.')

This is the model:

from django.db import models

class Lawyer(models.Model):
    firm_url = models.CharField('Bio', max_length=200)
    firm_name = models.CharField('Firm', max_length=100)
    first = models.CharField('First Name', max_length=50)
    last = models.CharField('Last Name', max_length=50)
    year_graduated = models.IntegerField('Year graduated')
    school = models.CharField(max_length=300)

    class Meta:
        ordering = ('last',)
    def __unicode__(self):
        return self.first