Your couple_query returns a queryset. Even if there's only one result, you're
not getting just the one woman, but a queryset object. I think you want
something more like:

woman = Woman.objects.get(lastname__exact = 'Test')
couple = Couple.objects.get(couple = woman.couple)

Note that this is making the assumption that there is only one woman with that
last name, and that there is only one couple with this woman in it.

I don't know if you just made this up as an example, but if it's something that
you're actually working on, it seems like making a Woman and Man model isn't a
very good idea because there's so much duplication. Just have a Person model
with a 'sex' field, and you have have a foreign key to itself labeled 'partner'
or something. No need for a separate 'couples' table. If you really need the
address info, there should be an Address model. After all, you may have other
things (businesses, etc.) that also have addresses which will require the same
validation. It gets really ugly really fast when you have 'address1, address2,
city, state, and zip' in a bunch of different models. Possibly with different
field lengths and other stuff.

Also, I don't know what you mean by not having a technical background, but if
you mean you have no application design or programming experience, then I urge
you to hire someone to do this, unless this is just something you're doing to
teach yourself to program (and if so, welcome!). Despite the fact that Python
and Django are far less daunting to learn than other tools, they still require
programming ability to do at all, and a lot of experience to do well. Nothing
personal -- I just wanted to point out that database design and application
design are definitely not trivial and shouldn't be done by someone with no
experience if this is something needed by your business.

Shawn