Hi,

The default behaviour of FileField that causes underscores to be
appended to the file name (excluding the extension) when the desired
file name is taken does come in handy, but sometimes I would like to
overwrite the file instead of uploading a file that is given nearly
the same name. What is the best and easiest way of achieving this?

It seems to me that one option is to write a custom storage system,
but that sounds like too much work for this. Perhaps the answer lies
in subclassing FileField or File, but I am not sure how to proceed, if
it is even feasible and relatively easy.

Thanks,
Eugene Wee